Custom Mouthguards Perth WA
Thousands of people each year are treated for dental injuries that could have either been avoided or minimised with a custom-made mouthguard
While store-bought mouthguards might be effective, custom-fitted mouthguards from Access Dental Care in Perth are better for your oral and overall health. This is because of custom-fitted mouthguards:
- Are well-fitting
- Allow you to speak clearly
- Won’t fall out or move around
- Won’t restrict your breathing
- Are comfortable
Take your health seriously: get a mouthguard from a dentist
Mouthguards are an effective piece of equipment to help prevent injury to mouth:
- Protect teeth against impact
- Protect against jaw joint injury
- Protect against soft tissue injuries
- Help prevent neck and jaw injuries
- Could protect against concussion
Custom-fitted to your mouth
Mouthguards are made from a strong and durable material that can be moulded easily to fit precisely over your teeth and gums. An Access Dental Care dentist will take impressions to create a mouthguard to provide you with the best protection for your teeth.
The procedure for mouthguards
The procedure is very simple: your Access Dental Care dentist will take moulds of both your upper and lower teeth. These moulds will be sent to our dental laboratory where a technician will fabricate your custom-made mouthguard.
Looking after your mouthguard
In order to get the most out of your mouthguard it is important that you take good care of it:
- The plastic that mouthguards are made to change shape in high temperatures: so it is best to keep it out of direct sunlight.
- Always rinse your mouthguard in cold water after you’ve used it.
- Store in a rigid plastic container.
- On occasion, we recommend rinsing your mouthguard in mouthwash.
- If your mouthguard gets damaged, replace it.
- Bring your mouthguard along to your regular dental check so it can be assessed by one our dentists.
How does a mouthguard last?
The length of time you have your mouthguard will depend on a number of things and your sports mouthguard will need replacing over time. For instance if a child’s adult teeth are coming through or have come through you may need a new mouthguard. Just bring it along to your check-ups and your dentist will inspect it for wear and tear.
Custom Mouthguards Perth
If you play sports, you need a mouthguard. Dental accidents such as tooth loss and even jaw joint problems can be painful and costly problems to fix. Talk to the team at Access Dental Care in Perth to find out how we can help you.